John Knox Ranch will be hosting volunteers in response to the flooding that occurred in May of 2015 and the storms that occurred in October and November of 2015.
- Contact the PDA Call Center at (866) 732-6121, or send your phone number and details about your interest by email to the PDA Call Center.
- Minimum age 14; youth to adult ratio 7 to 1.
- Maximum team size varies
Hurricane Alex response
First Presbyterian Church of Mission, Texas, is hosting teams willing to help families in the Rio Grande Valley with clean up and rebuilding. Carpentry and plumbing skills are helpful.
A visit and education about the border area can be arranged, depending on schedules.
- Email email@example.com
- (956) 566-3264
- Teams of adults and senior or junior high students with supervision are welcome
First Presbyterian Church of McAllen is hosting volunteer work teams and partnering with the Sacred Heart Welcome Center where “Refugees” (actually Asylum Seekers) usually arrive at the Welcome Center in groups. Volunteers are needed to greet and assist refugees from Central America and South America brought to Sacred Heart Welcome Center by the US Border Patrol.
- Contact the PDA Call Center at (866) 732-6121 for more information
- Training is provided
- Adult groups and inter-generational groups are welcome, minimum age for volunteers is 14
- Maximum team size is 15
- Spanish language skills are helpful but not essential